8.26.2005

You All Know I'm a Barefooted Hippie

Image hosted by Photobucket.com I just don't get these shoes. Yeah, they are fun novelty shoes and could work on some really cool chick at a Stray Cats concert but those aren't the kind of girls I see wearing these. Of course not. When I was in New York I saw a lady wearing a velour sweat suit and these shoes. Why? You probably haven't seen your daughter wear these. I've never seen any one under the age of 18 wearing them. It just bewilders me. I should like them. I mean, I think I like them but...they just are a little off. Wow. This really reminds me of a conversation I had with Benny. Except we were talking about a person. Actually I've had this conversation multiple times with different people about the same person. But I don't think you care.
Please, don't buy these shoes unless who feel like being a fashion victim for Halloween (you know, wedge+moccasin=this shoe).
Okay, honestly. I don't know why I keep on talking about shoes. I don't even wear shoes most of the time during the summer. I promise the next time I write it will not be about shoes.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Thank's Carly

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tiny great-grandmother wore shoes like this. She loved 'em. After years of wearing only high heels, she couldn't wear flats, but she needed some support for her ankles. So she wore high-heeled wedges all the time. And you know she was always stylish.

I guess they're for old ladies who care?

2:50 PM  
Blogger Leith said...

Mom, is that you? That comment seriously scared me.

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My foot picture! I'm famous!

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but of course it was your Mutha. (-;

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have them in navy and white...got them for summer events at the yacht club. FYI, they're Marc Jacobs knockoffs, and both the originals and those are selling quite well. I'd have to say you're wrong on this one. Although the orange is horrendous.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Leith said...

I just can't get the image of the lady in the pink velour sweat suit and those shoes out of my head. Maybe you're right and I've just been scarred. I do not know.

10:12 PM  
Blogger madhu said...

Interesting article. nice shoes. I would have gone for it if I would have seen this shoes before. I just purchased similar shoes.

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home