9.12.2005

Dancing By Myself

It's homecoming season!! And, if you're crazy cool like me, you're going to two homecomings. That means two dresses and double the fun (hopefully. it might be a bust at my old school because almost every dance I've been to there was le suck).
So, you can never go wrong with a black halter. But you don't want to seem boring and all of mine are in October and black is a little witchy (I should know, I dressed up as one for 5 years in a row because I'm lazy) so how about some gold??
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oooer. It's pretty. And you can sing the Halloween song they taught us in pre-school. Black and gold, black gold. Everything is black and gold.
Well, I think that's how it went. It does fit some shoes stores though. Anyway, it's from ASOS and is $67.
But what about those crazy girls who only get cold in weird situations, like when you need to wash all your bras so go braless on one of the hottest days in the year and for some reason you get really, really cold, here's a tank top dress because you can't get cold at a dance. I should know.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's green, it's pretty, and a bit upscale hippy. I'm actually thinking about buying this one from Urban Outfitters for $30. I rarely buy any of the stuff I write about. It's perfect for dancing and the hem makes this casual dress a little nicer. But not that nice because this is a homecoming full of hippies we're talking about (at my old school).
But if hippie isn't your style and a black halter is too boring for you...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

check out this groovy dress. It's Victorian! It's got mesh on the sides! She's barefoot! This is actually one of my favorite dresses that I don't own (oh lets be honest. I only like one of the dresses I own). But it's $450 and I'm not allowed to buy clothing over $150 until I stop growing (which is now but let's ignore that I hate being only 5'6).
I just love how Wheels & Dollbaby made the Victorian trend work for the younger set, and the mesh isn't too whorey (or whore-ish if you're Tyler). I hope.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for the Urban mention! I love that dress.
FYI, I mentioned your blog as one of my faves on my blog, http://boulderdirt.com/blogs/aimeemay/. Keep up the great work!

xoxo, Aimeemay

12:44 PM  
Blogger Leith said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Leith said...

Yes, Urban is the best and THANK YOU!

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Liam Santos said...

Great read thankyou

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home