3.05.2006

Ask Leith

I've gotten more questions to answer. You have no idea how muc fun this is for me. Well maybe you do.

Heya! I've loved you're blog since it started, and I've been having some trouble with a fashion thing, so I came to you. My mom gave me this Chinese dress for my birthday. I really want to wear it to school, but wearing it alone would look ridiculous as I'm not Asian. Therefore, I'm trying to dress it down, and I'm having problems. Any ideas?
-Vivianne


That dress is gorgeous! You could probably wear it with just chuck taylors and have your hair in a bun, that would look artsy but still chic. And, normally I hate this but it works with this kind of dress, you could wear tight black pants underneath and some ballet flats.

My name is Karen and I live in a small town near Montréal, Québec in Canada. I read about your blog in Ellegirl and I reallllly like it. It's hard to stop reading!
I was wondering how you started it, yours makes me want to start one.
I have a little fashion dilemma...
Last summer, I bought a Dickies dress (see picture) and it's really short, I was thinking of buying leggings to put under, so I could be more confortable wearing it. What do you think? It's still too mini with tights and I'd like to wear it year-round.
Thanks!
-Karen
P.s.: Your blog is rad!


Thanks Karen! I started You Know You Love It because I had a livejournal community, WeLoveFashion (shameless plug, I know), and really wanted a fashion blogy thing. So I started a blogger account and here's the result!
Now, on with the dress, I love Dickies dresses! I've always wanted one, just never got around to getting one. Please, please don't wear leggings underneath it!! That's one of my biggest pet peeves. I used to think it was kind of cute but now everybody and their mom is doing it. If you're really worried though you could wear shorts underneath or really, really opaque tights. Plus for the summer you could always wear it over a bikini as a cover up!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! More great advice...
Anyways, living in Annapolis aswell, I was wondering if you saw KT Tunstall at the Annapolis Mall today? She was supposed to be preforming in the Borders at 2pm. I unfortunately missed it; I really love her music, but I couldn't go. Did you see it?

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and what would we do without you???
*sigh*
i really dunno
*marie*

11:10 AM  
Blogger Leith said...

ugh! I wanted to See KT but I never got the chance. One of my friends did though.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

skinny jeans with the asian dress. maybe chucks or flats as the shoes.


Ciao!
Blair

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never-never!-wear dresses over jeans. It's so yucky and so tragically circa 2003. It looks ugly. I hate leggings.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm gonna try the chucks and the bun . . . I like that look, and I have some hair chopstick-type thingys that I might use . . .
Thanks so much! <3

9:11 PM  
Blogger Dinah said...

I think that tight black pants should atleast be tried on under the asian dress to actually see how it looks.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Marie-Kristine said...

i totally agree about the leggings. after ive been wearing them since last spring, girls are now wearing them under miniskirts and are all like "leggings are back" and im just like "leggings were back, but no longer!"

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about that Asian dress. By saying that it would be ridiculous for Vivianne to wear it alone because she isn't Asian is false. First of all and Aisan person wearing that dress would just look like she works at a Chinese restaurant. I don't really know of any Asian girls who actually wear those and I'm Chinese. Those are difficult to wear and don't put your hain in a bun with chopsticks. That is just a bad idea. I think maybe you should leave your hair down with curls. Just sport it with something you wouldn't have thought of. I think it would look cool with some striped bermuda shorts and some sandals or wedges. Cute for spring.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home