2.17.2006

Don't Stop Believing

One day I was shopping with a friend and she wanted to buy a pair of shorts and shorts just make me depressed because they never ever fit me properly (they're always too small in the rear and too big everywhere else) but next to them were some vests. So, for some reason, I bought a green plaid vest. But, I have nothing to wear underneath it. And I tried the whole nothing underneath it thing for about a minute in my room. By myself. It was bad. So I'm on the search for white blouses and here are some that I found.

Okay, so it wouldn't look that great under a vest but I still think it's pretty ace. It's a little bit of the military stuff that was in for fall but would be better suited for a summer safari. Or just hanging out at the beach. Oooh, the description actually says jacket. I guess it could be a jacket. Over a bathing suit? Whatever, it's still a cool blouse. It's also $165 by Theory.


Another Theory blouse, this one is $200. I love the rouching crinkly-ness in the waist. Which is fabulous because I read an article saying that waislines are getting wider so anything that accentuates the waist is a-ok in my book. Yes. This one would look weird under my vesty thing too but it doesn't matter at this point.


This is such a Mary-Kate Olsen shirt. But I love it anyways. Because I feel alseep watching Full House a couple of months ago and now I'm in love with the Olsen twins. By Free People, it's $50.


Tuxedos are in. They always have been, but now it's tres chic for a chick to wear tuxedo-esque things. Supposedly. You can take it over the edge, for example I would never wear this shirt with my tuxedo pants. But I do wear my tuxedo pants a lot with sweaters and other girly-rific things. But this blouse! I love this blouse. I want to wear this with my vest. Yes, I would look like a derranged waiter at some fake pub but it would be so much fun to wear! Besides, with out the vest it's quite cute. Thank you Rebecca & Drew. But you kinda suck for making it $230.


Woohoo, Theory has made a whopping 3 of the blouses that I've mentioned here. But I had to post this one, it's a classic short sleaved blouse. It's, simple and structured pluse there's lace trim on the sleaves. $175.

18 Comments:

Blogger EMiiLY said...

cool. i like the tux one the best.
-em

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that you have an amazing blog. It's much better than other fashion blogs i've read, and oh-my-gawd-would-you-believe-it you were in ElleGirl!!!! Wow....congrats.

BTW-I just discoved this blog 2day when I wuz reading the mag......:)
U rock!

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is definitely the most practical of all the shirts, i.e. one I would definitely wear 2 school every day. Well, not every day....that would be nasty.....

12:13 AM  
Blogger Dionne Evans said...

I love all of those shirts, but I'd love them more if they were cheaper. I'm a really cheap girl. My idea of expensive for a shirt is like $35, but maybe I'll spend a little cash for cute shirts like those.

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I'm Alice.(14/uk)
I read about your blog in Elle girl, my dad brought it over for me cos he lives in the US. I think your blog is cool and I'm looking for inspiration at the moment for my Textiles project.
Just thought I'd say hi.

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog, not so sure if I like the tuxedo look though.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you probably hate me commenting on these because you have enough and I could IM you, but you're on vacation right now and I kind of suck (but I am so riding your coattails to all this blogging fame. The vest is really cute, btw, and I haven't gotten to wear my shorts yet, which sucks but is irrelevant). Anyways, point was that you should just go to like American Eagle to get a plain white button down. I know that it's insanely preppy and annoying and just generally blahhhh ewww booo but it's good to get basic stuff for a lot cheaper prices. I'm going there today to get one for my sweatervest, and if I loved you enough I'd get you one and force you to pay me back. But then I already owe you money so...

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That first girl's hair, that's the color I want.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last one is the best! it would be awesome with a vest.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Dinah said...

I like all the Theory shirts because they would look the best on me :).

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you through ellegirl, blahblahblah.

now that that's over with, I will say that the last two shirts are my favourite, mostly the tuxedo one, though. reading this made me want to get a vest, too, because I've been seeing them everywhere and there are so many different styles and ahh! they look like fun!!

one last thing. I am terribly jealous that you got to go to a show at fashion week. getting to fashion week is one of my goals in life. how'd you accomplish it??

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm insanely partial to tuxedo shirts, so that one caught my eye.

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen Anne Fontaine's collection? She's a Parisian designer that ONLY makes white button downs. They're the dopest. www.annefontaine.com
Tres expensive, sadly, but a great investment piece.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the blouses, and agree with sharp lily that they are totally great investment pieces. However... a green vest? Plaid? I am sorry, but for some reason I am negatively biased towards vests i general. The shirts were lovely, though.

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

someone's little blog is making her head a little bigger than it should be. Are you too cool to talk to your fans? I saw your pic in ellegirl. you're ugly.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Leith said...

Dude, don't insult me if your gonna go as anonymous. you look like a pussy.
And I already said that it was a crappy ass picture of me. I don't even look like that.
Get over yourself.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the last one is really cute and sort of prep school reminiscent. so adorable...i think that one would be really cute. you could also try a band t-shirt for some edge, you know?

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds very Alexander McQueen-y

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home