3.03.2006

Dance, Dance!

Prom is, apparently, coming up. Sometime. Eventually. So me and my friend were internet-window shopping for prom dresses. Since I'll be crashing her prom because freshmen can't go to the one at my school.

Isn't this dress amazing? It's chic but still danceable and not too poofy like so many prom dresses, especially since this is just the first prom I'll be going to and not special or anything (I never really understood why prom was so special but let's move on). Vivienne Westwood is amazing.


I think this dress is perfect, it's not too formal since it's so short but it's also classic and beautful. Plus you'll be able to wear it again. And it comes in much nicer colors. Like red, black, and chocolate. And it's $48 from Nordstrom's, which it's pretty damn cool. And when you order a prom dress from Nordstrom's website you get a free clutch. Which is even cooler. Except, everyone will have it. So minus on the cool points.


If you want something a little bit more girly and alittle bit more promish then I'd say go for this one. Normally I hate pink and flowery designs but this is just an awesome dress. Plus you can still dance like a normal person and not have to deal with the insane puffiness of classic prom dresses. It's a Catherine Maladrino dress and it's $545 from ShopBop.


This is just the perfect party dress. It's made me fall in love with Erotokritos even more. It kind of reminds me of some of Chloe from Project Runway's designs. But much better, the little things are what count.


I have to have this dress one day. I've decided to wear it to senior or junior prom. It's called the Tango Show Dress and I think the name describes it perfectly. Although all the tango dresses I've seen a much more colorful. Whatever, it's gorgeous and I must own it. It's $248 and from Anthropologie.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omfg! all of those are gorgeous! i love the purple one and the black one! dammit, you have kick ass taste!
-leah

5:00 PM  
Blogger Marie-Kristine said...

j'adorrrrre the flowery one and the first one! also love the nordstrom's one and i love how cheap it is!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Dionne Evans said...

i have just fallen in love with the 2nd 4th and 5th dress! I want all 3 of them! those dresses are so hot! i wish i owned them, anyways, if you are getting one of those dresses for the prom i think the tango show dress is the best. it seems like the most promish dress and it's really cute.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Harrods Girl said...

Ooo, these are all great choices. And yes, most importantly, they are not those typical big prom dresses.

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first one is hideous, the second one is gorgeous (love the color and neckline) the third is an intrigueing idea initially, but I've never thought it was attractive to see somebody's sternum. The blue and black is meh-ish, I wouldn't look at it twice. I adore the last one, when is Anthropologie not lovely?

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why crash? Why not just get a senior biff?

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ick, ick, ick! Not one of your better posts, my dear! Except for the second, which you would need to dress up quite a bit, none of those dresses are prom appropriate. X_X Well, the fourth kind of is but it looks like some you could find on a Target clearance rack, and the last one looks like it should *stay* on a tango dancer. Blech.

3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i say go with the last one--

however, my friend has the cap-sleeved one from nordstrom in black, and it looks fabulous on.

anna

3:05 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

Wow, I absolutely despise flower-patterned things as well - but that pink dress is positively and unnervingly adorable! Just a question, which do you prefer, Vivienne's Red Label or Gold Label? I can tell this is from the Red line, and I'm more of a Gold fan myself. Just because I'm ridiculous!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Leith said...

I'm more of a red label gal. But I still love the gold label.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love them all.
if anyone says these dresses aren't adorable, then they have bad taste.

if that last one came if other colors, then i would wear it to my prom.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As so many people have said, I adore the pink dress even though pink-flowery things usually push me in the opposite direction. I love the blue and red dress too.
Announcement: If Anthropologie was a person (and a male) he'd be my lover.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Dinah said...

The first and second ones are cute but I can see the second one being worn by someone else b/c it is so cheap. I think you should go with the Erotokritos because it v. hip and you seem like a girl who does not want to dress like everyone else.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I have now come to the point of completly convincing myself that I must own the third dress to live a full and happy life..it's gorgeous.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG that Vinienne Westwood dress... is amazing. Not really of fan of the others, although Catherine Maladrinos is nice (just not for prom in my opinion)

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Verena said...

All those dresses are really best for special occasion!! Nordstrom dress is perfect and my favorite!!

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home