5.06.2006

I Give the Best Advice When I Feel Like a Zombie

It's saturday night and I'm way to tired to do anything except sit on the computer. So what better time to answer your questions could there be? NO OTHER!

hi. i found a dress in cosmogirl magazine, but it's not on the website. i've
even gone as far as to call cosmogirl and xoxo (the people who made the dress).
but of course, they weren't any help. now first of all you have to understand
how badly i want this dress. it's perfect for me. i lost sleep over it for
pete's sake! so anyway, i personally believe that you have some mystical
superpower that lets you find anything fashion related online. i was wondering
if you could give it a shot and just try, for a few minutes, to find my dress.
cosmogirl calls it "pleated chiffon dress" and it's from xoxo. so if you even
try, you'll be my best friend forever. i swear. thanks : ]
from,
Rachel C.


I think I found it! Maybe. The XOXO website says it's polyester but you didn't describe it that much so I hope this is right. Maybe? Next time could you give a better description? Anyways, it's $88 and is quite adorable. It's enough to make anyone look righteously hot.

hi i was wondering if you can give me some fashion advice. i got a pair of these
awsome white kapris (sry cant find picture) and i dunno what to wear with them.
can u give me some advise? do you think i could wear a brown blazer with them?
And also, what do you think of the whole leggings-under-jean-skirt-with-flats
thing?


Well, I've already answered the leggings thing a buttload of times. Please (and this goes to every one, seriously) check the FAQ before you ask a question. Also, it would be nice if you guys used spell check. But I'm kind of a spelling Nazi. Anyways, nearly everything goes with white. Okay, EVERYTHING goes with white. But, use your judgement, if you don't like how something looks with them then don't wear it. Might I suggest a striped halter top and some gold ballet flats though? It's very sweet and simple.

Hey, I'm going to my friend's quinceanera in September and I'm one of her damas (which is basically like a bridesmaid). We have to wear light pink dresses. Any suggestions?
Rachel
P.S. I love your blog!

I really dislike the color pink but I'll try to help you because I love quinceanera's and I'm quite depressed that I didn't have one myself.
This dress (left) from Erotokritos is gorgeous! Is the bottom red stripe all right? If it isn't tell whoever is in charge that they are a complete moron. I don't know where exactly you can get Erotokritos clothes (the website says they are available all over the world but you have to e-mail them to find out more and I'm trying to answer this question quickly). So, if you have trouble finding that dress you can always get this one (on the right) from Ruby Rox. It's a classic simple style that leads to less boob-slipage than the Erotokritos one. And it's far easier to find since you can get it at Nordstrom's for $58.


Okay, I know prom is ages away but when you live where I live time flies in a not having fun way, so I'm already looking. Actually, I don't know when you'r prom is, so I don't really know if it is in ages, but mine is in February. Probably different since I live almost half way 'round the world.. probably. So here's my problem: I go to a Catholic school (lame, yes) and we are not allowed to wear black (which sucks if you're me), short dresses (not really a problem for me), dresses with spaghetti straps, tube dresses (for lack of a better term cause that doesn't seem to sound right to me, or maybe it's just me), dresses that plunge down in the front, or are backless, and heels cannot be more than two inches. I cannot seem to find anything [not ugly] without breaking the rules! Please help me!
-Bea


Okay, your prom is ages away. I know it seems like it isn't but fashionwise, it is. I don't suggest buying a dress way before an event, the earliest should be one month away. Who's to say you won't find a dress that you really, really enjoy inbetween now and your prom? But, I will show you some nice dresses that fall into those guidelines because it's not that hard!
The dress on the left is from Anthropolgie and (although it kind of looks it) is not low cut at all! Plus, the patter is quite groovy and I doubt anyone else will be wearing a dress like it at all. It's all the great things about vintage dressed rolled into one. I don't know how big your prom budget is but it's $148. Be sure to check out my prom post for more!


Hey,
it's a rarity that i ever go to anyone for fashion advice. i normally wear whatever i want and don't care about trends or other people's opinions. but i have this problem. it's called: "oh, that's on sale! okay.... sold!" well, i'm really not THAT bad, but i do tend to buy things just because they're cheap and worry about what to wear them with later. usually this is not a problem, but a few months ago i bought a pair of old navy tights that are a turquoise blue (pretty much like this). i have worn them with a denim mini skirt and it looked kind of weird. teen vogue recently had a spread where the model was wearing a trench coat and a dress and a skirt with similar stockings, but i didn't think it would look all that great on me. do you have any suggestions?
thanks,
kerri


BLACK DRESS. But, if you want to wear them with an everyday outfit having them under a pair of jeans with holes in them is a nice way to bring bright colors into an otherwise boring outfit.

45 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey spelling nazi... its 'holes', not wholes.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Leith said...

like I said in the title, I was in a zombie-state.

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, I know you just got done answering questions but I have a really quick one. Recently I bougth these really cute searsucker shorts from American Eagle but i have NO idea what to wear with them. I tried just like t-shirts and stuff but that looked really weird. Can you help me?

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

god, that dress from antropologie is amazing! leith i adore you!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Geisha said...

hey, u inspired me to do my own blog which is really cool. Ummmm...
If anyone wants to go, it's www.spoonsforksandfashion.blogspot.com
Luv ya,
BYE!!!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Geisha said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Geisha said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Geisha said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh i love the pink one from ruby rox, i bet i'm gonna get that one

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah geisha is like obsessed with you. Even though everything she says has nothing to do with you. hahaha.

Anyways, hello dearest. Lalala everyone on this site SUCKS because they don't know you, I doooo!! :]] yea suckeers. I know Leith. She's in my math class. yepp. I know. LUCKY MEE.

Anyways, do you like Sperry Topsiders? Check Zappos, they have adorable ones, but I'm not sure if I like them.. and my dad's forcing me to get them, but i don't know what colors and stuff. HELPETH ME (in the words of shakespeare)

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that dress from Anthropologie! Gorgeous! Now that I saw that I think I just might buy a dress from Anthropologie now! Thanks for opening me up to a new brand!

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not a brand, dear, it's a store

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahah ^^^^

9:38 PM  
Blogger Kerri said...

hey, wow, thanks for answering my question about the tights! yeah. that's all i had to say. =)

10:01 PM  
Blogger Mónica Lice said...

I really enjoy your blog!

I'm portuguese and i have a fashion blog too!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Leith said...

AAH BRENNAN! those shoes are deepy frightening.
if you get them get them in pink though because, seriously, who has shoes like that in pink?
NO ONE!
Did you see Ms. Nuttle's skirt on Friday? It was so pretty. If only she wasn't a frigid bitch.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, well ms. Leithy genious-poo. What do you suggest then? :] I need new shoes and those are adorable. They have blue ones too. And green, and actually a lot of olors. I wasnt here on friday, I missed a good outfit, too. Lammeee. Do you remember the shoes she wore on the first day of class? Black pumps, maybe velvet, with a leather trim, they could have possibly been peek-a-boo's, but I dont remember, I think not, though, and they were UH-dorable. And she never wears them, I literally check everyday. but no, never.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brand, store, same difference, eh? That's what I meant to say...In the end, you get the same clothes from the store, even if I called it a 'brand', right?

6:49 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

The tights-under-ripped jeans advice was great. My uber-fashionable friend wore pink striped tights under ripped jeans once and it was amazing! By the way, you should add me to myspace. I'm at www.myspace.com/somewhateloquent since I've noticed that your Myspace can only be viewed by your friends!

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey
Good Blog
If anyone wants to read someone's diary blog just for w/e reason
please visit mine
i'm going back and forth bewteen an online diary and actual diary.

www.mwmlmd.blogspot.com

Fankoo

Loveya
xxx

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I love the leggings under jeans thing just like everyone else who is posting lol, I wear lime green ones under lights jeans = ) I also heart the Erotokritos dress you posted :D Gorgerous.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps- Sperry Topsiders are really horrible. Tell your dad noooo brena lol no offense

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you check the place caled:
http://www.prompartydress.com
great dresses there

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha thanks ~*~Jenna~*~ but what's with the "~" and "*"?

I happen to like them. (the shoes, not the stupid symbols)

PS-I deffinetly BSed the BCRs on the math test today. I'n pretty much positive I failed that test. Did you get it at all!?

6:44 PM  
Blogger Leith said...

DUDE! I totally got the algebra test. I don't know why. the only thing in class that I ever do is sleep and insult AJ.
Then again, I don't even remember taking it so who knows what I got. hahaa

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose you are a mildly stylish person. However, your ambiguous conciet about your 'wisdom' in regards to fashion and music is probably chasing away many potential regular readers.

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There you go brenanananananana who the hell cares about symbols??? whats with all the extra letter in your name?? thats pretty gay like those shoes you want. Clearly you have no style what so ever.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with jenna you suck i don't care if you "know" leith you make too much fun of people like if u weren't self sufficient with yourSELF. LIKE A FEW DAYS AGO YOU INSULTED MY FRIENDS TOTALLY COOL BLOG: SPOONSFORKSANDFASHION.BLOGSPOT.COM U ARE TOTALLY MEAN AND YOU CAN GET THOSE UGLY SHOES THEY WONT DO ANYTHING BUT LOWER YOUR EXTREMELY LOW SELF ESTEEM WATEVER MORON BUH BYE!!!!
P.S. U TOLD MY FRIEND GEISHA TO GO BACK TO CHINA BY THE WAY ITS JAPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KNOW IT ALL

3:28 PM  
Blogger Leith said...

actually, the symbols are REALLY annoying.
But mostly everyone needs to get over themselves. Seriously.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your site - good job! =]

www.xanga.com/shesinfashion

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't like this first dress...sorry but it's horrible, but the last is gorgeuous!
kiss

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't quite decide why, but the Erotokritos dress just makes me gag. I'm not sure if it's how it fits on the model or the dress itself, but regardless, don't get it. PLEASE. The first dress is decent, if a little trashy and cheap looking (it just looks like any dress you could find in a local Macy's or whatever) and the whole tights-under-pants thing is kind of done, by the way. Uhh, keep up the good work though? I think the most amusing part of this was just reading the comments. Oh, and Jenna, its not that we don't like your symbols, per se, just that they make you look like a desperate seven-year-old.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is supposed to be Leith's fashion blog, not her Myspace. I don't care about Ms. Nuttle's skirt. I don't care about your friend's topsiders. You should be happy with the amount of readers you got from ElleGirl even if you think they're annoying or whatever causes you to have the attitude you do towards them. When someone pays you a compliment, you thank them and move on. There's a difference between snark and bitchiness, and you need to learn it.

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Leith you are one rude chick...do you not want people to read your blog? Because if you don't being rude to them and unappreciative is the way to do it. You aren't a celebrity ps- breeennaa or w/e she isn't so we aren't jealous you know her. Is she as read in person as on the internet? thats all I would like to know? Jenna your symbols are fine!! like wtf...who cares? why would someone even bother to bring that up? Brenas a fag and I don't see how they would make you look desprete or like a seven year old? thats an odd comment and stupid ass comment from Riley *gayass*.
ps- brena those shoes are ugly as hell clearly you have horrible style. pps- go mulan!! brena and leith seem like bitttchess!!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks marla lol and yeah! mulan!
cuz some ppl on here are being lame about stupid things like uhh symbols when who cares? I think brena was just trying to get back at me for saying those shoes are ugly. I didn't mean to be rude I said No offense lol she said her dad wanted her to get them but she really loves them i guess. And leith...we need to get over ourselves? take your own advice!!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Geisha said...

OMG U PEOPLE SHOULD REALLY BE LOVERS NOT HATERS. IF THAT DOES NOT CONVINCE YOU ENOUGH LET ME MAKE IT A LIL' CLEARER:
OUT: BEING A HATER AND PUTTING PEOPLE DOWN.
IN: BEING NICE TO PEOPLE AND LEARNING FROM UR MISTAKES.
ALSO SORRY HAHA, MY COMPUTER DID NOT SHOW THE COMS IN MY POSTS SO I THOUGHT THAT THEY DIN'T WORK BUT NOW I AM ON ANOTHER COMPUTER NOTICING THAT I LOOKED LIKE A COMPLETE IDIOT!!! LOL, LOL, LOL!!!

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey leith, i just wanted to ask you what i should wear to a traditional puerto rican wedding in el viejo san juan (super traditional where u are crowned a slut if u wear strapless)the wedding is outdoors and next month so it will be summer, and when it is summer in puerto rico it is very hot!!
thanks...<3

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not leith but i think that u should like ear some really cute white dress w/ sleeves of course good luck

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you people are such drama queens.

mmkay.

brenanannnadlakfagjk;da: WOW LOL U NO LEITH IRL?!?!?!? I SO JELLUS. you think you're so effin' rad because you know someone whose blog was in a stupid magazine.
and the fact that all of us 'suck' because we're not in her math class like you are, which is a fact that we can't help, makes buckets of sense LOL U SUCH A SMARTIE. LOL I WISH AS SMRT AS U R. *pines*

loser.

blah. anyway.

leith's blog is cool. i like fashion. i like to talk about fashion. i like to hear other people talk about fashion. there you go.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, when i thought these posts couldn't get anyworse you ^^^^ got into the picture. "leith's blog is cool. i like fashion. i like to talk about fashion. i like to hear other people talk about fashion. there you go" i mean, fashion rocks and stuff but wtf who says stuff like that? Theres a WAR going on people! Men are dying to support us, and we repay them by looking at your lame fasion blog all day? coool. very....uhh....nice? No. Face it, i was a fashion-leith-zombie like the rest of y'all when i realized something, why? Fashions cool, but, uh, why? 120$ on a pair a shoes? While there are kids starving in africa? When there are people homeless? Were cool, yeah, were really helping the world, but using fur and wearing heinous pencil skirts. This is good guys.
We shop when what, 7 year olds swim to alkatraz? Do you know what alkatraz even is? Yeah. You might think ur all super cool, but ur just a load of zombies, and thanks to this blog, one step at a time, all of our minds are becoming smaller and smaller.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

look anonymous if u think like u think evertime u do sometin then u wont eat have fun or anything yeah i feel bad for those people but SOME of the times the parents were irresponsible and didn't go to college or even school if they can't afford college so feel bad 4 them but have fun then u'll DIE of depression if u don't fashion is cool no matter wat is happening in the world and why would seven year olds be swimming to alcatraz why are they crimminals? watevs u r reatarted i hart fashion probably u too if u look 2 this blog just move to africa and have fun w/ angelina jolie and by the way she bisexual
PS don't say that i dont put periods cos i hate them like i hate u even if i don't know u anorexic lesbian

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, CALM DOWN.
oh my gosh.

because i like fashion, that means i COMPLETELY DISREGARD EVERYTHING that is going on in the world and become OBLIVIOUS to everything?
that sounds like what you're insinuating.

narrow-minded prick. you don't even know me. don't just assume crap about people.

as a matter of fact, i DO care a whole lot about the world around me. i DO care that there's a (seemingly pointless) war going on, that children are starving, that the ozone layer is depleting.

by the way. it's 'alcatraz'. not 'alkatraz'. learn to spell.

so anyway, the moral of this little message of mine here is that you're stupid. oh, wait, nope, sorry, did i put that? oh jeepers. sorry. i meant to say that just because one likes fashion, does not mean they simply do not care about anything else.

((and what? how did you get that whole 'mindless zombies read this blog and in doing so snub important world issues' idea?))

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

learn to READ! i wrote alcatraz not alkatraz! and i do care a bout the world around me just i don't post it in a fashion blog
P.S. Sorry Leith for the fighting!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Geisha said...

anonymous, who is just above me if u are the one that is on the con side of fashion blogs than u did indeed put alkatraz. if u are the one on the pro side of fashion blogs (the one that put the stuff about angelina jolie) then u did not put "alkatraz" but put alcatraz.
there.now that that is settled, what IS a beater???

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you, geisha.

[[ and i'm pretty sure that a beater is a regular old tank top. with the thick straps and whatnot. :) ]]

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home