5.07.2007

All Dolled Up

Make-up appointments have been made, hair planned out, and dresses picked. But, who cares? Here are my favorite picks for prom dresses (I'll post a picture of me in mine after prom... so in 2 weeks).

The front of this dress is 10X sexier. But, seriously, the t-strap back is fabulous. This is the perfect black dress. If I had seen this earlier this would be my prom dress. Shopbop says, "This dress is pure, sexy seduction." Damn straight. $198.


Alexander McQueen owns my heart, which means that by the transitive property McQ does too. Remember on Project Runway when the guy with the neck tattoo made that really cool yellow plaid couture dress? That's what this reminds me of. It may have a bubble hem line but, it's an interesting one which is what gives this dress it's charm. $543.


Atleast two girls at my school were planning on getting this dress, but the sophomore won out over the freshman in the end. It may be cliche to wear Betsey Johnson to prom, but there's a reason why everyone does it, her dresses are perfect. Hello? This is probably my favorite babydoll dress ever. Or atleast in the top 10. $315.


I really dislike floor length dresses. Traditional prom dresses make me want to kill myself, honestly. I love this dress, it's short and has an interesting design. Unfortunately, it only comes in bronze snakeskin now but still, ooh and aah over the prettiness. $324.

People don't wear green enough. This is unnaceptable, especially in spring. I love the soft layers of this dress, and the pink bow straps. It takes a preppy standard and makes it...normal. Thank you Erotokritos.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

terrible picks

4:37 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

The last one looks like a mermaid. In a very good way, of course. But I am biased, since I am going to be a mermaid when I grow up.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Z said...

i really only like that Mars Hoffman dress, my friend was going to get that but ended going for a Rebecca Taylor one instead. that last dress is hideous...weres the shape?

5:13 PM  
Blogger -S said...

i really like the second last one, but it is a tad too short. i couldn't imagine dancing in it.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Geisha said...

The first and second dresses are my faves (I love Alexander McQueen and everything plaid) but the second to last? It is cute, but way too short for prom!!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOooh I love them. The Alexander McQueen totally does look like Jefferey Sebilia's from Project Runway. But why would Betsey Johnson be cliche for prom? I absolutely adore her dresses!!!

11:28 PM  
Blogger -ciao bella- said...

I love that last green dress and that first black dress is so cool with the back!

p.s. completely diagree- those are great picks and I couldn't agree with you more.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the mcqueen dress, and that is a very pretty green in the last dress

11:44 AM  
Blogger sophie said...

yesss jeffrey love him....

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, I LOVE Betsey Johnson dresses- and I think they're fantastic for prom- Lord and Taylor is also a great place to shop for special occasions- their dress selection is amazing. My prom days are over, but if I was going somewhere, I'd wear this-
http://www.lordandtaylor.com/gifts/OnlineShopping/LT?DSP=4&PCR=21:200000:201648:201653&IID=2013368&c=1

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do love Betsey Johnson dresses. #3 one is my favorite.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home