10.26.2006

Naked is a State of Mind

Sorry for the lack of postage, again.
It's been frightfully cold and the the homework load intense. (Thomas More's Utopia has taken over my life!) Anyways, let's discuss boots. The only pair I have are some Steve Madden cowboy boots. They go with literally NOTHING I own. This is upsetting.

I found these while internet window shopping with my friend Tori during our free block today. WHAT? It's so Pat Benetar I kind of love it. $152 is too much for a pair of booties that I'll wear once, if even that. But they're so exciting I can hardly control myself.


My mother hates suede boots. Really, it's crazy. Paul & Joe make suede even more amazing. Even she would love them. Or not. I'd wear these with my skin-tight skinny jeans and oversized sweater. Comfortable, and warm. $815. Right. I can't believe people think I actually buy the majority of the stuff I mention here.


I can't believe I'm posting python boots. It's not like they're that amazing looking either. Something about Marc Jacobs just speaks to my soul. Maybe it's just the 3.75 inch heel that has me so in lust. But, if someone would like to buy these for me just holler. I almost said holla. That is horrifying. $775.


These are the boots of my dreams. Honestly, whenever I imagine myself wearing boots it's these and I'm wearing my sparkly black tank top, red headband (bought it at a street vendor down town, it was an amazing day), and the most comfortable jeans I have owned in the entire universe (Ralph Lauren). Of course, I think I might like the black leather better but there's something incredibly cool about blue leather on the right shoe. $209. I just might have to blow my paycheck on them.


I know these aren't boots. But I hardly ever wear boots, this post is not a true representation of moi without some platform shoes. With a 4.75 inch heel no less. From....Easy Spirit? Yes, how ridiculous is that. That Tara Subkoff is quite amazing. If I owned these I'd have worn them yesterday when my school went to see Cabaret (amazing. men in bras will never cease to make me happy) with my men's-style dress shirt and American Apparel skirt. $430

35 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my friend and i are going to ny for our first time to see RENT...what do we wear?

4:42 PM  
Blogger Geisha said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Geisha said...

Keep in mind that in Broadway musicals, people come in formal attire as well as in jeans and tees. I mean it IS NY! A great option would be some suede knee high boots like the ones posted with a big yummy cardigan or sweater (cashmere, wool) and skinny jeans if u don't want to look elegant. Wear a LBD (little black dress) with bright pumps(preferably red) and matching patent leather headband if you want to look elegant...either way, have fun!!!!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Jill the Near-Sighted said...

Those first booties are INCREDIBLE! I can't believe a school actually went to see Cabaret. Very cool.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Marie-Kristine said...

love the tara subkoff andd the dolce vita aussi.

7:44 PM  
Blogger joanna said...

those first ones are TOTALLY pat benetar. love em!

love is a battlefield <3

7:50 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

amazing boots, very cool and sleek. platform shoes are the best though, I would wear them every day of the year if I could.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a fan of the boots, but my creative writing class just went to see cabaret too!! What a great musical

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brava!

Your brio has returned.

Brava!

9:43 PM  
Blogger *** said...

Ok, who else can imagine the Pat Benetar ankle boot with black skinny jean? I love them!
I'm linking you!
-Gigi

11:09 PM  
Blogger *** said...

Um...I don't want to be mean, but after reading that one post with the whole "size 2" debate, I don't think I'm going to link you. Best of luck though!
-Gigi

11:29 PM  
Blogger -S said...

i'd have to see the blue leather boots in black to see if i'd like them. overall though, they look okay, but i'm not to fond of the fold at the top.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Clare said...

Ah! They sell those first boots at Schuh, I think. Are they irregular choice? If so, they come in a ton of different designs too. I love irregular choice.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Is that silver piping I spy on the Paul & Joe ones? Oo la la. Very lovely indeed.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny that you mentioned tara subkoff and american apparel. i work at an american apparel in manhattan and she came in and purchased like 700 dollars of stuff. at 15 dollars a tee shirt, it was pretty intense.

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this post and i just ordred the Paul and Joe boots, the Irregular Choice Boots, and the MJ Boots, IM IN LOVE.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're going to see Rent, you don't want to dress too formal. Skinny jeans and an oversized sweater shall do the trick.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i bought some really cheap "trial boots" from old navy, but i havent worn them yet. .. maybe soon.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I own about 4 pairs of boots - I practically live in them during winter! I can't fathom how your mother doesn't like suede boots, that kind of texture on shoes just drives me crazy hehe. I'd love to own platform shoes but I have my eye on a pair of Zara gold pumps for Xmas (actually for no reason, I just love the way they look!)

5:31 AM  
Blogger Geisha said...

I adore any high heeled shoe with a platform inside like the Tara Subkoff, they look so elegant! And I LOVE suede shoes!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i absolutely ADORE luscious jackson!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Carissa Duhamel said...

Ralph Lauren does make amazingly comfortable jeans.

7:42 PM  
Blogger NATRIBU said...

Hi! I'm a girl from Barcelona (Spain). I like your blog!
I have another blog about women with style in the street, in Spain.
I invite you to take a look to it and if you like you could add a link to my blog in yours.
Thanks anyway.
Besos.
NATRIBU

12:47 PM  
Blogger NATRIBU said...

Hi! I’m a girl from Barcelona (Spain). I like your blog!
I have another blog about women with style on the street, in Spain.
I invite you to take a look at and if you like you could add a link to my blog in yours.
Thanks anyway.
Besos.
NATRIBU

1:27 PM  
Blogger Tru said...

Love the blue ones and your blog.

Hey everybody I just wanted to post my new blog address for my new and first fashion blog, please visit...leave me love: http://learntheperksofwallflowerdom.blogspot.com/

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god. NEW POST.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is ur opinion on Uggs?

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm a constant lurk to your site, and i just had to comment on this entry.
the boots are fantastic.
and while i have a ridiculous obsession with shoes, at the moment i'm looking for a dress of sorts that i can wear to school.
maybe with skinny jeans or legging?
i was thinking something babydoll vintage, but i don't really know...
if you could give me some help/advice, i'd really appreciate it.

thanks, and i truely love your site!

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read that ankle boots are the new "must have". Is it possible?

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i CANNOT BELIEVE THIS.



NEW POST PSOT WEN! EPWTONS!!!!!!!



............:NEW POST:........


KAY.......BYE BYE NOW, BITCH.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Dinah said...

Love the boots and some women do not like suede because they are afraid that they will be caught in the rain and their shoes will be ruined….

10:27 PM  
Blogger dingdans said...

I am searching for a blog post, which my http://www.aaacloseoutsnetwork.com/ Shoes.html site is related to, and this one is good. It is well and good that we can share our simple thoughts and services to improve our markets... Nice Blog!

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the first pic...they would go with nothing I own except black skinny jeans...But anyways check out my blog if you like

http://tallones.blogspot.com/

10:59 PM  
Blogger .m. said...

hey another cute post! i was hoping you could add me to your blogroll: modelmisbehaviour.blogspot.com

thanks!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Locas del diseño said...

iii LOVE THOSE BOOTS !

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home