5.13.2007

The Week in Retrospect

This is what I remember from this past week:
1. Sleeping. a lot.
2. Managing to get a 96% on a paper about street children in Brazil despite the fact that I quoted Fight Club
3. I woman touring my school while wearing Apple Bottom jeans and an Apple Bottom jean jacket. I was kind of frightened.
4. Forever 21 has the best t-shirts. Hands down. Nice solid v-necks, very American Apparel but without the sketchy "do they or do they not have sweatshops?" controversy. You can basically garantee that Forever 21 has some sketchy labor practices.
5. Scheming to buy this shirt and take pictures with red dixie cups while wearing it, purely to rebel against the administration at my school and their sheisty crack-downs.
5. This is the alternative to the Hawaiian shirt. Don't ask. Okay, ask. My best friend's boyfriend has a thing for Hawaiian shirts. I may or may not have ripped one off of him and hid it in a ceiling tile. I want him to wear that American Apparel shirt.

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm. Lovely. Gotta love the men's fashion. Mayhap you should do more boy posts. Who doesn't want to give their boyfriend a makeover?

7:18 PM  
Blogger -ciao bella- said...

love forever 21. and yes that would be really funny if you took pictures with that shirt- i would.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those forever 21 shirts are cute.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Courtly Love said...

I was going to say something about the Got Beer shirt, but I got sidetracked when I looked at your last.fm chart and saw you were listening to Smack My Bitch Up. A+ Leith. Have you seen the video? That's the only music video that ever left a big impression on me.

12:59 AM  
Blogger Z said...

i love the forever 21 tees, i have too many colors to count.
cute post leith.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is that yellow shirt like a Hawaiian shirt?

5:03 PM  
Blogger Marissa O said...

haha, i like number two. i once talked about time travel solving all of our problems, and got an "A"

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, you can guarantee Forever 21 has sweatshops? Or American Apparel? Is that spelled right?

Whatever, I didn't get your meaning, however the proper grammar should be.h

1:50 PM  
Blogger Leith said...

aaah, sorry for the confusion. Lack of sleep has taken it's toll on me. I was saying that you could basicallly garantee that Forever 21 has sweatshops considering the clothes are so cheap. I mean, I might be wrong, I didn't look into it or anything. but my friend Alex was telling me that American Apparel has some shady business going on with their no sweat shop policy and I would rather buy stuff at a business that doesn't say they don't have sweat shops when they actually do.
But, in the end I really do like American Apparel's clothes. So I'm not really sure why I wrote that.

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

forever 21 probably doesn't have shady labor practices themselves because they buy everything wholesale. forever 21 doesn't design anything...they just buy from mass wholesalers, which is why you find identical items at wet seal or gojane.com.

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wrote about street childern in Brazil too! haha. First rule of Fight Club you don't talk about Fight Club, second rule of Fight Club you don't talk about Fight Clu. Also on a completely diferent level, I love Edward Norton.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home