7.31.2006

For Those Hot Summer Nights

This morning I got a strange urge to start knitting so I looked all over my room for my knitting bag (hey, it was the cool thing to do when I was in 6th grade. we would knit and sing sk8ter boi) and started work on the most pitiful purple scarf ever. Which is why I'm showing items that could very well be knitted that you would look lovely in for fall. Really, August starts tomarrow and then it's September. I'm excited.

When I went to Ireland in the first grade I wore a green sweater that was a lot like this with my purple fuzzy pullover. I was all about the layering. And it was as heinous as you can imagine. Anyways, when I went to Anthropologie a couple weeks ago with my Mom (that was a bit of an event because I have to go all the way to Washington D.C. to go there) I stared at this sweater for about 5 minutes. Which is amazing because I used to think I had ADD. Honestly though, it's the perfect cold weather sweater. It makes me want to go to a ski lodge and sit in front of a fire, of course if I wore it right now I would probably sweat so much it would slip off of me. $128.


Okay, the only reason why I made this post is because I really, really like that sweater from Anthropolgie. But I'm just going to post my favorite sweaters now. Like the Lacoste sweaters. I don't understand how anyone on Earth could not love a Lacoste sweater. Even when I was going through my weird grungey phase I liked them. They're as comfortable as a sweatshirt but not ugly. This one's a bit more stylized and has a bateau neckline. Which means it's more expensive than the classic sweater, $135 from Neiman Marcus.


I've kind of gotten off the knitten path (hahaha, oh you know you think I'm funny) but I can't not mention cashmere v-neck sweaters. I used to have a million of sweaters like this in different colors but one winter I took them out of storage and they all had little holes in them. That was one of the darkest days of my life. Really though, if you have a closet full of sweaters like this you always have something to wear that's a little more dressed up than a t-shirt and jeans. Ya-Ya cashmere sweater, $286.

14 Comments:

Blogger Jill the Near-Sighted said...

I sort of learned to knit a few months ago. And I can't wait till sweater season.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Hypnotic Romance said...

Fall is the best. Not to hot, not to cold. Thoes sweaters are very cute and classy.

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the first sweater is gorgeous, and now i guess i need a lacoste sweater too, thanks leith!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Sissy said...

Totally agree about the Lacoste sweaters!

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love those first two sweaters you posted. Which is saying a lot for me, since I don't like getting all bundled up for cold weather. Summer is more like it! I tried knitting, but for the moment I am much better at crochet. Anyway, I am babbling now.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Marissa O said...

i love knitting.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

hey, i love your blog, but i really prefered the old 'welcoming' title and picture. Love the sweater in the first picture.

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i adore the new layout!

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love love love! cable-knit. although not like the huge kibd, but like the sleek thinner cable knits.
p.s i personally like the old opening better....

9:48 AM  
Blogger Geisha said...

I comepletely agree about the Lacoste sweaters so comfy but they LOOK cute! I like your new banner but sorta preffered the other one...but it's cute!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I love the Anthropologie sweater, it looks so comfy!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Jill the Near-Sighted said...

I love the new colors on the blog and the cool new banner. It's all very autumnal. And change is good.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

Cable-knit is always nice. I inherited on from my mom and I wear it all the time during the winter.

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitting rocks! (does anyone say "rocks" anymore? Whatever I'm swedish so..it rocks!)And the blue sweater rocks too. :P I saw one very much alike it on what's her name-LC, Laguna beach bitch, oh I mean star.. ;) in Teen Vogue, I want it so bad.

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home