7.25.2006

I'm Currently Singing Elton John Songs to it

I have a kind of obsession with clear lip gloss. In fact, the only lip gloss I've ever owned that was not clear was Cry Baby by Chanel. Anyways, the reason why I aime clear lippy so much is because I put it on constantly and since it's clear you have 0 chance of messing up and looking like a drunken slut. I tend to overthink things, okay.
So yes, I was at the mall to see Pirates of the Carribean the other day (Keira is such a ho in that movie) and my friends and I decided to stop at the Benefit counter where I bought this lipgloss. And I honestly love it. When I first tried put it on it kind of reminded me of some Clinique lip gloss that I used to have (and will never buy again because I lost it on my school bus and then found it a couple a months later under my seat, since basically only 4 other people rode my bus and it was 6:40 in the morning I put it on and it tasted like rotten tangerines and now I can't help but think of rotten fruit when I use their lipgloss) but Benefit's is definitely lighter and less goopy, but it lasts just as long. But it! Love it, use it for only $14.

13 Comments:

Blogger Jill the Near-Sighted said...

Clear lip gloss is great! I like Caboodles lip gloss, because it comes in great flavors.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

oouu, lovely post. I do agree with the whole clear lipgloss thing,that's what i usually wear because it looks more natural
www.fashion-and-sarah.blogspot.com
www.fashion-for-dudes.blogspot.com

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only difference between drug store cosmetics and what you find in a department store is packaging.

Last summer I worked in the office of a company that creates cosmetics and they made it all, from 99 cent tubes of gloss to those gorgeous pots of gloss you find in Nordstrom.
All were made with the same recipe. The only difference is which package they were poured into.

It's inspired me to make my own now. I refill the tubes with vaseline and a small chunk of lipstick and then mix them together with the wand.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, but is it sticky? i hate sticky lipgloss.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

the only lipgloss i wear is clear, and i reapply constantly. i totally agree with pennylane, benefit is one of my favourite cosmetics company. except most of my lip gloss is smackers.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excuse me! how was keira a ho in pirates!!!! explain please! anyone else agree w/ me?

6:48 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

clear lip venom!!!

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my friends are always bugging me that i should wear something other than clear golss, but i hate coloured ones. I got this awsome clear gloss but i forget what its called now (I lost somewere). but i remember it was only 8 bucks, wi=hich is always a bonus.

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love benefit but most of their things are so overpriced!!! i love the 'we grow glamour at our make-up farm'thing though, thats'cool.
i love clear lip-gloss, and vaseline!!! they look so natural and add a nice shine, YAY for clear lip balms and glosses!

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you, Benefit Lipgloss is ONE of the best LipGloss but have you ever tried Capricious Pink Christian Dior lipGloss ?
I bought it last year on the Champs-Elysées (yeah ... i'm french !) and I can't go out without it (and a pair of repetto of the same colour of course).
Well in France, it's not very expensive, about 25€.
So try it if you can !

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would you put on months old lip gloss that you lost and found on the bus, of all places? Where is your hygiene?

9:07 AM  
Blogger Leith said...

dude, anonymous, are you functioning on all levels at 6:40 in the morning? If so then I totally envy you.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caboodles! Who dosen't love that word? Caboodles

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home