8.12.2006

Does Anyone Else Think It's Incredibly Sad That Shopbop Has a Section Devoted to Jumpsuits?

This past week I've had a strong urge to wear a pretty white summer dress. I don't know why I don't own one. Here are some that I like.


Guess where this dress is from. No, it's not Urban Outfitters! Yes, it is Anthropolgie. I need to start looking at other stores. Anywho, this dress is amazing. It's white, it's got a little eyelet overlay and it's called Beach Blanket Babydoll. I like it because it would hide the fact that I ordered half a dozen corn bread rolls at Boston Market last night.
HALF A DOZEN. I didn't think it was humanly possible. $148.


Cream is the same thing as white for the purpose of this post. I love this dress. The only problem is that the sleeves kind of remind me of Silence of the Lambs. I need to stop watching that movie. But seriously, this modernizes the kimono shape and just looks fly. Thank you Rachel Pally and thank you Shopbop for having free UPS ground shipping (which I would totally take advantage of if I had a job and had money) buy this dress for $176.


I am told this dress looks amazing in red. In white, it kind of looks like a dress I would wear when I don't feel like getting dressed or wearing a bra. Which actually makes it perfect for summer. $36 from American Apparel. If you are a student you can get 15% off.


I'm against the fact that the brand that makes this dress is called As U Wish. People need to spell out words. But I do like to think that it's a Princess Bride reference which makes the brand name not completely pathetic. This dress is called a ballerina dress. It's quite appropriate, I would have a hard time stopping myself from dancing while wearing this dress. Although there is some tulle it's not hideous, which makes the world a nicer place. $68.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love the first dress!

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

i like the second dress and the last. i love white dresses but adding touched of either red or black.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Florecita roquera said...

I have that dress from Amercian Apparel in Red and It is fab!

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally you updated.

2:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the 'As U Wish' dress. And if they are referencing The Princess Bride all the better!

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love love love summer dresses. and white too? fantastic!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Love love love the dresses....

i just might wear white after labor day....lol

major love,
another suburban living fashion lover

3:59 PM  
Blogger Jill the Near-Sighted said...

Princess Bride references are always cool.

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love white dresses in Summer, but here it feels like Summemr is already over :'( it drives me crazy!!!! i'm already in a awinter mode really, the weather and the fashion magazines are going completely crazy for the cold.

3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Leith! I actually have a question for you. Im looking for a pair of cute rain boots, maybe its an oxy moron, but im going to a school w/ a humugo campus and living in a state where it rains alot. So, i need your help!
Lyla<3
p.s, how do you feel about the "Leather Foldover boot" from Urbn outfitters? My friend HATES them but i think they're cute....what about you? Thanks!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That American Apparel dress is crap for anyone who wears larger than a B-cup, at least if you want to wear it as a regular halter dress. I got it in dark green, and loved it until the moment I put it on when the straps flared out weirdly and my boobs practically fell out. It works if you cross it in front, but otherwise stay away. I'd bet anything that that dress in the photo was pinned in back to make it look that way--see the pull marks under the bust?

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anthropologie is owed by the same company as Urban Outfitters, and a lot of their clothes are similar... but I still love Urban too!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Dinah said...

I love white dresses when you have a tan.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dress from American Apparel you can actually wear many ways. It shows it on the site. I like that I can wear it as a tup top since my breasts don't fit in the top unless I want to kill my neck.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dosen't it suck that they replaced Jodi Foster with Juliane(?) Moore? I love Boston Market

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Leather Jackets said...

white fantastic

3:24 AM  
Anonymous Womens Leather Coats said...

I really love the first dress!

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home