6.15.2007

Weekend Rockstars

I spent all of Tuesday outside and in a bikini.
I now have a stomach the color of a tomato.
This is all just a little painful and I would rather not even think about clothes right now.
So, I bought these (left) sunglasses at Urban Outfitters the other day. Well, actually, I was forced into buying them by my friends (except for my best friend, she was oddly silent and would not back me up on the unflatteringness of them). They're incredibly cool but look awful on me. Or, as the guy from Sephora said, "Where's your Atari?" I am truly in love with that man. Mainly because he agreed that they were a waste of $18. So, I returned them. But, the thing is, I am an addict when it comes to sunglasses. I have a vast collection ranging from aviators I found on the ground during a camping trip to a mildly expensive pair that I wore swimming and now look like they cost me $2.


I actually almost bought these last summer. They're so Mary-Kate and Ashley I think I might vomit. But they're cute. I love that they're hand painted and, well, I've always been into granny glasses. I want to wear these with a peasant top and take LSD while singing songs from Hair. It's beautiful. $24.


I've seen these at 5 million different stores and at each one I tried to get my friend Amanda to buy them but she refused. Even though they looked great on her. I think she might be too much of a hippy for neon. I used to have a pair of fake black ray bans that I got at a Bat Mitzvah (joys of private school). They looked terrible on me but, oh if they didn't, I would have been the coolest little 13 year old because I wore those damn things all the time. $9.


American Apparel has the best sunglasses. I have fallen in love with every single pair. I really can't get over it. I'm sure that by the time school starts again everyone will have a pair, but perhaps not? $50.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. those are fucking ugly.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!
they aren't ugly.
they're amazing.
I have pair of like oldschool purple raybans and I adore them.
Don't comment if you don't have anything nice to say!
Leith,
I love your blog.
:)

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a total hippy, but I love those second ones!
Great post :)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Geisha said...

I know! American Apparel has THE best sunglasses! I absoulutely love them, but I would have to go to the store to try them on...I just hate to buy sunglasses (that might make me look like a bug) through the internet! Anyways, great post! :)

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the last pair. Beautiful!

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a secret American Apparel obsession.

VERY secret.

Only...not anymore. xD

Also, want to exchange links?

- Alyssa

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried everywhere to find big sunglasses that looked good on my face. I tried the mall, Canal Street, the internet. Guess where I found them? A flea market in Florida! Apple-green Dolce & Gabanna big ones and kinda space age-y pink Versace.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your so cool for not getting like emotionally beaten up by the atari comment or whatever. very cool post...why are sunglasses so hard to shop for?? and why do friends NEVER speak honestly about them???

10:40 AM  
Blogger Leith said...

hahaha I asked him what he thought of them. Otherwise I probably would have cried. Or maybe not?

12:43 PM  
Blogger Lola said...

I love those Urban Outfitters sunglasses, don't know if I would ever wear them, but I love them!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

I looove those neon ones. Very Cobra Snake, indeed.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home