7.03.2007

Why Don't You Lean on Me?

I actually have a dress problem i was wondering you could address, I've been buying a bunch of cute light weight summer dresses, however (especially the white ones), theyre always so sheer and even with nude underwear, you can still see the outline. So i was just wondering what you wear under your crochet dress or any sheer dress.
-Anonymous


SLIPS! SLIPS! SLIPS! Except, properly fitting ones. I actually don't own one that fits. It's a skirt slip and is ridiculously long so I just wear it as a tube top under my dresses but it's too big so I have to strap it to my bra. Thankyou for reminding me that I need to buy a new one. I am the only 16 year old on the planet who seems to enjoy slips though. A lot of my friends just wear spandex under their clothes, my friend Mel is on a crew team and has just started wearing spandex under everything since she wears it at practice. I don't own any spandex, last time I wore a slightly see-through dress I wore my dance tights underneath. They had like 20000 holes in them but still, it worked. Anyways, I suggest these American Apparel gold lame shorts. My crew friend is buying these for practice, she goes to a rather posh all girls school which makes me want to laugh when I think of her wearing these to practice. Anyways, people are going to see that you are wearing spandex under the dress so why not make it flashy? The same crew friend was having a similar issue one day with a really cute yellow cotton J. Crew dress, she had just left the house wearing her normal underwear under the dress. So we spent half of our time looking for a nude thong (which I do not suggest wearing under a shear dress because it's kind of gross to see your butt crack but if you are in a bind then okay) when the lady at the boutique we were in said, "Oh, don't worry about it, just get some nude regular underwear. No one really cares."
And, for the most part, people don't really care that much if you can see a little outline of panty. Unless you are having Easter dinner at the Army Navy Club with your grandparents, just roll with it. Or maybe not? Either way, it's a good idea to invest in a good slip (try Nordstrom's) and a pair of spandex. Lame shorts, $28.

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's with the shiny camel toes? (Sorry. Couldn't help myself lol.)

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er, why?

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

American Apparel. Barely There Bodysuit. In beige. Go for it.

12:58 PM  
Blogger thenshelaughed said...

i appreciate the shoutout and really for any one reading this spandex are the way to go.I wear them everywhere- the movies, school functions, church et cetera.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm on the crew team at my school, and i'm getting those asap!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

It would be totally badass to wear gold effing shorts underneath a see-thru dress. You are genius, Leith. Genius!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what exactly is the use of those toes?

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got the gold spandex today at american apperal, and let me tell you, they're well worth the $28. i'm in love.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

My brother saw this picture and right away he said, "What are those? Compression shorts?"

What are compression shorts?

Love your blog, btw.

2:50 AM  
Blogger Loleah said...

i actually like the idea of something like this or a bodysuit/leotard undr a breezy summer dress in off white or a sheer pink. good idea.

www.doubleshotofhappy.blogspot.com

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah Ive been struggling with this problems too! Ive never thought about it, slips. Slips is a great idea!

Cheers,
Serena

7:33 PM  
Blogger bollywood girls said...

i like your blog ....

2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice posting

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anthony said...

Great post! Very informative
wholesale Sunglasses">

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Replica Sunglasses said...

I am writing a paper for school and your post has some refreshing information. I will be sure to forward this onto my professor. Thanks for the great blog :)

4:55 PM  
Blogger Mass Vision Eyewear said...

Hmm, it seems like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer, but I’m still new to the whole thing. Do you have any recommendations for newbie blog writers? I’d appreciate it.

Thank you

Anthony

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home