8.25.2006

Golden Smog Will Set Your Soul Free

I've gotten quite a few e-mails (3...shut up) asking for help finding school bags. Don't you people have bags? Have you just started school. ARE YOU 5 YEARS OLD? Now I'm going to have 20 people telling me I'm a bitch. Whatever. I understand your want because I love buying bags (you know the last time I got one was my birthday. How tragic is that?).

In my last post I featured a Fred Flare bag to carry stuff for school. This tote is as equally cool and from Fred Flare too. What a coincidence. It's kind of reminds me of those Andy Warhol tote bags from Urban Outfitters, but not as annoying (I know you bought one Carly, and I love it. But I'm sick of seeing them everywhere). Plus, this has French on it. You know, I took French for six years and I have no clue what that little duck is saying. I promise I'm not stupid, I just don't get along with conjugating verbs in a foreign language. Oooh, the website says that the duck is saying, "Let me kiss you sweetie." Too bad ducks don't have lips. There are some problems with this bag though. People are going to ask you what it says and it'll get hella dirty. Gross man. It's $24.

I'm not going to lie. I like Chloe bags. I wish I owned one. This bag (it's named Betty, that's so cute) makes me want to hop on the bag of a motorcycle while drinking a peppermint mocha. It's girly and tough. Perfect. It's 12 inches tall and 11 inches wide, making it perfect to hold school books and the front pockets look damn handy (ipod, cellphone, pens). If you ignore the fact that it is $1,550 it's perfect for school. Hey, atleast it's less than my tuition. Okay, I'm just going to move on from this bag because the more I look at it the more I love it and now I'm super depressed.

I'm friends with the girl who makes these on Livejournal. She's pretty damn cool. As you can tell from the picture they're $10. Currently you can only buy her shirts/totes/pins (her label is called Handmade Heart) at shows and you can find out which ones she'll be at on her Myspace.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that chloe bag....!

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, okay, kind of bitchy, but so far only one negative comment. It's true that people can find bags themselves, you're right, but these people look up to you as a fashion scout so you shouldn't be too hard on them.

8:36 PM  
Blogger morgan said...

love the french bag.... sooo cute!

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, leith i don't think you're a bitch! yes, people reading and reading this blog (about fashion, usually something you only start to care about beginning @ age 13- @ earliest) should have a realiable bookbag, but the major factor is a chic one too- which is much more difficult to find. so there is some validity to these e-mails. the chole bag would be awesome, if we were celebs who had soo much money we had no idea where to blow it all- excuse me did i just say blow it! sorry, buying chole is never blowing it, b/c chole is always fantastic! but i still love andy warhol bags, even if you think they're everywhere. (i even just did an entry on them!). oh- borders occasionly has cute cheap coated bags- they don't zip, but have cool patterns.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

I admit it, I have a liking for the Chloe bags too...

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there. i'm the one who asked for a cute leather schoolbag.. for your first comment, haha, yeah, go leith, that was funny. i have a schoolbag already that i used last year, a tote (which actually had french written all over it, coincidentally) but i'm sick of it.

IRONICALLY: my dad was thinking of getting me a chloe bag (not that one.. it's not really my taste) for my birthday, but that's all the way in january and i dont want to have to rely on my old bag for that long.

p.s. thanks for staying in the under $300 price range ;)

1:17 PM  
Blogger Kit "Blanche Deveraux" said...

just got an andy warhol bag myself but it's too small to carry all of my books!

leith- link me?

roseonathorn.blogspot.com

2:44 PM  
Blogger -S said...

love, love, love! it!

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

leith why are you so bitter? i just wonder...??? you should be happy people are writing you questions and if you thought they were stupid questions...why'd you write about it?? odd...

7:58 PM  
Blogger Carissa Duhamel said...

Isaac Mizrahi for Target makes an uncanny replica of the Chloe tote.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the french bag says something more like... "let me kiss you, you're so cute". and i agree, it's much more interesting and fresh than the bags from urban

12:19 AM  
Blogger Geisha said...

I adore that Chloe bag!!! I wish I could get it for school, but for some reason I'd be paranoid that it would get dirty or whatever so I'd leave it for the mall instead. That's just me!

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laisse moi t'embrasser means let me kiss you, que tu es mignonne means you're so cute!
Wow, you people really suck at french. Even the website, hahahahaha!

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loveee that french duck bag! and umm how on earth do u e-mail questions? I'm kind of computer challenged...but I have questions!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Marie-Kristine said...

omg! i was looking at the french duck bag like 3 days ago, and i tried to order it but it was sold out! darn...

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That duckie bag is cute!

You may want to check out bolsabonita.com as well. The stuff on there is fantastic, if not very strange.

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My school bag is a Longchamp (Pliage), (I got it in Pink, Blue, Black, and Green).
This year I bought a Brown Gerard Darel Bag ( http://www.gdexpansion.fr/images/sac.jpg )
Perfect to go to school !
But I'm totally in Love with that Chloe bag !

And errrr for the french Bag :
"Let me Kiss You.
How cute you are !"

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're going to be in London soon, or know someone who will be, you could consider this Oasis bag - very similar to the Chloe one, but only £25!

http://www.oasis-stores.com/pws/ProductDetails.ice?ProductID=53700120&colour=Black

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice comment on the tuition. we all needed to know that.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home